What is Amazon DynamoDB?
Amazon DynamoDB is the one of the fastest and most versatile, serverless key-value and document database options available in the cloud today. As a fully managed service from AWS, DynamoDB is a NoSQL database that automates management operations, which reduces overhead and allows your developer team more time to focus on your product and customers. Trek10 has a long history of experience in using industry best practices to help organizations leverage the database of choice for developers looking to build serverless cloud native applications that scale.
Below are just a few of the reasons why some of the largest companies and high-growth enterprises in the world rely on DynamoDB to support their business-critical application workloads:
- Automatic scaling for capacity adjustments while maintaining optimal performance
- Low latency - single-digit millisecond performance capable of processing 20 million requests per second and 10 trillion requests per day
- High durability with built-in security, backup, restore, and in-memory caching
- Multi-region active data replication with DynamoDB global tables for enhanced availability and fault tolerance of globally distributed applications
- Highly secure with data encryption by default and identity and access controls
- Serverless - no servers to provision or manage
- Ideal for serverless web applications, mobile backends, and microservices
- Flexible billing model allows for payment based on throughput instead of storage
Numerous industries rely on Amazon DynamoDB:
- Online gaming
- Software and internet
- Media and entertainment
- Advertising technology
As recognized thought leaders in the AWS landscape, Trek10 also offers our expert-led Developer Acceleration program to your organization’s developer team. The two-day workshop is designed to better enable your team in areas like serverless architectures and services like DynamoDB! Check out our Developer Acceleration page to learn more, or contact us to speak directly with one of our representatives.