AWS IoT SiteWise is a service that can be used to collect, process, analyze and monitor industrial IoT data on AWS. AWS provides a service that integrates perfectly with other IoT services to ingest the data with ease and then process the data to drive meaningful business insights.
Some of the most important features:
- AWS IoT SiteWise Edge - the features and ease of usage for SiteWise are extended to edge devices without access to the internet or access to cloud services. SiteWise Edge can be installed on industrial gateways and computers, or on AWS Outposts and AWS Snow Family compute devices.
- AWS IoT SiteWise Monitor - this feature can be used to ensure that all the data that is ingested can be analyzed and monitored in real-time visually. It provides a user-friendly interface that can monitor all the different industrial IoT devices in real-time.
- Alarming - custom alarms can be created based on events and metrics ingested from industrial IoT devices. These alarms help monitor different business units and equipment to ensure everything is running as expected.
Some of the advantages of using a service like IoT SiteWise:
- One monitor for all processes - SiteWise provides one place to monitor all the different equipment present. There is no need to navigate across different platforms to monitor different types of equipment.
- User-friendly actions - the UI is very user-friendly and monitors can be set up using simple actions to monitor all the different equipment present.
- Native AWS support - SiteWise integrates with all the native IoT services in AWS. This makes it easier to develop in an all native AWS environment and cuts down on development time.