Wed, 06 Sep 2017
TechPoint, the growth accelerator for Indiana’s tech ecosystem, is recognizing Indiana’s tech builders with the announcement of the third annual Tech 25 Class of 2017.
In 2015, TechPoint launched the Tech 25 Awards, a prestigious selection of twenty-five individuals who are critical and exceptional performers helping to grow our community’s tech and tech-enabled companies, but who — not being the CEO or other C-suite executives — don’t get celebrated publicly as often as they deserve.
Tech 25 Award winners represent a wide range of roles within tech companies, such as software developers, financial analysts, marketing directors and product managers. Executives could only nominate one team member per company for the Tech 25 Class of 2017. A total of 58 Indiana technology companies nominated a team member this year.
“Indy’s tech ecosystem has become one of the fastest growing in the country, with many companies making major jobs announcements in the past year,” said Mike Langellier, president and CEO, TechPoint. “Making that growth and those resulting announcements possible are lots of people doing remarkable work inside those companies and remarkable work outside in our community, yet they rarely get the spotlight. TechPoint, in representing, celebrating, and accelerating the growth of Indiana’s tech ecosystem, is proud to shine the spotlight on 25 of those exceptional individuals this year.”
Winners were selected from three main role categories, reinforcing the core roles that building product and building revenue play: product development, sales/marketing, and “other.” In addition to being star performers at their companies, winners are committed team players who build others up through mentoring, volunteering and positive example and are committed to contributing to the broader community.
Fifteen past Tech 25 Award winners and industry professionals invested more than a combined 75 hours evaluating this very competitive class of nominees and selecting the winners based on criteria including professional contributions, energy and attitude, and community commitment.
The Tech 25 Class of 2017 will be showcased and celebrated during a special invite-only luncheon at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway on Thursday, September 7, 2017. This unique event will be held in conjunction with the inaugural Indy Women in Tech LPGA Championship.
The Tech 25 Class of 2017 is as follows:
- Product Development (11)
- Virginie Adams, Sr. Technical Program Manager, Salesforce
- Chris Brown, Director of Product Development, MOBI
- Anna Eaglin, Senior Design Partner, Innovatemap
- Jon Fuller, Director of Software Engineering, Software Engineering Professionals (SEP)
- Tom Gorup, Director of Security Operations, Rook Security
- John Harden, Principal Software Engineer, Axia Technology Partners
- Rachel Kilroy, Sr. Product Manager, PERQ
- Aaron Lerch, Senior Software Architect, DemandJump
- Megan McNames, Product Owner, Emplify
- San Pathak, Vice President of Technology, Element Three
- Keith Willis, Development Manager, NextGear Capital
- Marketing & Sales (7)
- Kelsey Briggs, Engagement Manager, Octiv
- Jon Corwin, Director of Growth, One Click Ventures
- Claire Couch, Director of Strategic Marketing, Torchlite
- Elizabeth Friedland, Senior Director of Corporate Communications, Appirio
- Joe Ignatius, Client Executive, Matrix Integration
- Andrea Massimilian, Multi-Channel Marketing Manager, ClearObject
- Elliott Shutlz, Sales Development Manager, BidPal, Inc
- Other (7)
- Tim Butler, VP Customer Success, Lumavate
- Kristi Kennedy, Director IT PMO, NCAA
- Kolby McElvain, Senior Designer, High Alpha
- Greg Slisz, Finance & Analytics Manager, Kinney Group
- Matt Tyner Jr., VP Finance & Operations, SmarterHQ
- Josh von Schaumburg, Customer Solutions Lead, Trek10
- Meredith Yonker, Audit & Risk Manager, The Mako Group
Full biographies and photos of the Tech 25 Class of 2017 are available on TechPoint.org.
TechPoint is the nonprofit, industry-led growth accelerator for Indiana’s tech ecosystem. The team is focused on attracting talent, accelerating scale-up companies, activating the community, and amplifying stories of success. For more information, please visit www.techpoint.org.