Who We Are
Trek10 builds and manages massively scalable cloud architectures using cutting edge AWS technologies. Headquartered in South Bend, IN, we have a local footprint but operate with a global reach. Today we have customers on four continents and from coast to coast in the United States and a global brand for deep expertise. We are a Premier Tier AWS Consulting Partner with the following AWS Partner Competencies: DevOps, Migration, IoT, and SaaS. We have a focus on designing and building serverless / cloud native and IoT systems, DevOps automation, and providing 24/7 AWS infrastructure support. We are pioneering the future of cloud computing and having a lot of fun while we do it!
To better understand the type of cutting edge work we do for our clients, please take a look at some of our case studies.
SysOps Engineer - Position Description:
Trek10 is looking for a SysOps Engineer (which we call CloudOps Engineers internally) to work closely with our internal DevOps teams and our clients’ DevOps teams to maximize AWS environments performance. CloudOps engineers serve as the first line of defense against the evils of downtime responding to both urgent and normal issues as they come in. Our ideal CloudOps engineer is someone who loves tinkering in the command line, has at least some familiarity around common stacks such as LAMP, and is eager to contribute to a team’s learning while also learning more about both AWS and operations. We are looking for someone who has a few years of experience, but would be willing to flex the position for the right candidate who has less experience or more experience.
The responsibilities and qualifications of a Trek10 CloudOps engineer include but are not limited to:
- Assisting with stability, performance, and overall health of our clients applications
- Resizing EC2 instances to better fit the needs for CPU, RAM, Disk, and other system level metrics
- Assist a team in patching and updating environments (both Linux and Windows)
- Help share knowledge with DevOps teams around questions of Active Directory, bash scripting, containers, and other areas of expertise
- Remediate AWS level security alerts according to predefined runbooks, as new AWS services are released you will be asked to contribute and guide the creation of new runbooks
- Help our clients with domain and SSL issues within ACM & R53 or point them to the correct provider
- Willingness to challenge the status quo of how we do operations, we are always trying to improve and need your help guiding us
- Work as part of a team being the “on call” AWS experts who help troubleshoot our customers alarms and outages
- Help guide our clients with answers to AWS architectural questions and decisions
- Contribute to Trek10’s thought leadership blog from a lens of AWS operations
- As Trek10 is a small but rapidly growing company, once with us if you see other areas to contribute your job may shift as Trek10/you see fit
Requirements / Qualifications:
- At least 2 years of experience as a system administrator maintaining either a linux or windows application(s)
- Understanding of common networking and security protocols and procedures
- Experience managing ticket and project management workflow (Zendesk, Jira, or others) to triage issues and escalate as needed
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal, as you will be the face of Trek10 to many of our clients
- Ability to take 24x7 on-call shifts for up to one week out of a four week rotation
- Flexibility to perform some work before or after business hours (i.e. early morning patching or late night maintenance window work)
- Excellent attention to detail
- Have a process oriented approach to work, following checklists and confirming work adheres to documentation is in our blood
- Taking part in internal shenanigans such as pranks, CloudOps fantasy (please ask us), and more… it's never required, but adds fun to the work day!
- An AWS Associate level certification
- Familiarity with some reading logs on servers and/or working with logging SaaS tools, i.e. Splunk, Datadog, Sumologic
- Hands on experience with Datadog APM, Infra, and/or logs
- Application performance management SaaS solutions, i.e. New Relic, Appdynamics, Datadog, etc.
- 1-3 years experience working with AWS (more is great!)
- A continued drive to learn about and get hands on with cutting edge AWS technologies
- Be challenged. Work with a team of super bright individuals. Work in a rapidly evolving industry that is growing at blazing speed
- Flexibility. Like to work from home? In your closet? In the shower? If you get the job done go for it
- Have fun—Trek10 is home to great nerds
- Get paid. Of course. We have competitive salaries, medical insurance, and other benefits available
- Robust training and continuous learning environment and support
- Develop a skill set that will set you up for long term professional growth and development