Who We Are
Trek10 builds and manages massively scalable cloud architectures using cutting edge AWS technologies. Headquartered in South Bend, IN with a quickly expanding remote practice, we have a local footprint but operate with a global reach. We are a Premier Tier AWS Consulting Partner with the following AWS Partner Competencies: DevOps, Migration, IoT, and SaaS. We have a focus on designing and building serverless / cloud-native and IoT systems, DevOps automation, and providing 24/7 AWS infrastructure support. We are pioneering the future of cloud computing and having a lot of fun while we do it!
Born in the cloud, Trek10 specializes in the design, build and support of cutting edge environments for our clients utilizing AWS Platform Services. Trek10 is a global thought leader on building serverless applications and backend IoT architectures on AWS and provides 24/7 proactive monitoring, automation, and management via Trek10 CloudOps, a technical response team fully staffed by our AWS Certified Engineers.
To better understand the type of cutting edge work we do for our clients, please take a look at some of our case studies.
Sr Front End Developer - Federal Practice (Remote)
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Use semantic, accessible HTML5, leverage effective SASS/CSS rules
- Occasionally contribute to back-end development of API's, services, tools, AWS and cloud resources, infrastructure as code, CI/CD pipelines, etc.
- Develop test strategies and write unit/functional tests to drive up code coverage
- Identify limitations of the current tech stack in relation to the user stories
- Evaluate libraries, tools, and services for suitability
- Identify areas for improvement at a platform level. Define strategies for graceful enhancement of services currently in use.
- Participate in cross-functional implementation teams to deliver world-class solutions to clients
- Participate in delivery efforts using Agile or other work methodologies
- Lead re-platforming and refactoring efforts for existing systems
- Lead client engagements: be Trek10’s face to the world and engage with clients including presentations, technical decisions, and education opportunities
- Develop relationships with senior stakeholders and technical members
- Establish rapport and collaborate with the full client team, providing expertise and opinion, aiding business and practice development efforts
Leadership and Mentorship
- Learn, research, and stay up to date on best practices and evolutionary capability in Frontend Development.
- Learn, coach, and share knowledge and skills with other Trek10 team members
- Be a technical team advocate, ensuring clear direction and efficient execution
- Perform code reviews, provide feedback, and pair when beneficial
- Drive engagement, encourage curiosity, and support personal development
- Be the technical voice for promotion opportunities, performance feedback, and goal setting
- Learn and share awareness about our client organizations needs and objectives.
- Participate in client value and alignment of solutions to our clients.
- Master our development process, culture and code base, then improve it.
- Contribute to internal IP and open source development
- Write cool blog posts, do talks at community events, help us achieve additional certifications in the AWS Partner Community, help our clients solve all sorts of problems.
- Expert knowledge in responsive layouts, compatibility and cross-browser issues
- Experience with NodeJS applications
- Experience determining the architecture of the frontend application
- Structure of the data
- Ability to translate user stories into effective UI components
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including Agile, coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operation
- Experience with CSS preprocessors (SASS, LESS)
- Experience writing frontend tests
- Examples include Jest, Mocha, Chai, Enzyme, etc.
- Experience interfacing and demoing with stakeholders
- Experience in large-scale enterprise IT environments
- Excellent eye for details: you should be able to tell if the element is uneven, misaligned.
- Strong software testing skills – you know what to test, when and how during the development process
- Experience working with at least one of the following state management libraries (Redux, Vuex, etc.)
- Ability to write effective work tickets with clearly defined objectives and acceptance criteria
- Confident using best-practices such as version control, ticketing systems, etc.
- Ability to accurately estimate time requirements to complete tickets
- Ability to provide effective mentorship to more junior developers
- Previous or current experience with Federal / Government stakeholders
- Experience utilizing AWS technologies and cloud frontend development
- Excellent communicator with superb written and spoken communication skills
- Ability to work independently and multi-task effectively
Physical and Mental Requirements:
- Continuous mental and/or visual attention required.
- Requires the ability to remain stationary for long periods of time.
- Large amount of reading and analysis is required.
- Requires the ability to focus for an extended period of time.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance Requirements:
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
Secret Clearance preferred.
- Remote friendly culture—Trek10 has been a remote-first workforce since 2015.
- Be challenged. Work with a team of super bright individuals. Work in a rapidly evolving industry that is growing at blazing speed.
- Flexibility. Like to work from home? In your closet? In the shower? If you get the job done go for it.
- Have fun—Trek10 is home to great people.
- Get paid. Of course. We have competitive salaries, medical insurance, 401(k) with company match, and other benefits available.
- Robust training and continuous learning environment and support.
- Develop a skill set that will set you up for long-term professional growth and development.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.