Who We Are
Trek10 builds and manages massively scalable cloud architectures using cutting-edge AWS technologies. Headquartered in South Bend, IN, we have a local footprint but operate with a global reach. Today we have customers on four continents and from coast to coast in the United States and a global brand for deep expertise. We are a Premier Tier AWS Consulting Partner with the following AWS Partner Competencies: DevOps, Migration, IoT, and SaaS. We have a focus on designing and building serverless / cloud native and IoT systems, DevOps automation, and providing 24/7 AWS infrastructure support. We are pioneering the future of cloud computing and having a lot of fun while we do it!
To better understand the type of cutting-edge work we do for our clients, please take a look at some of our case studies.
Solutions Architect (Remote)
Trek10 is looking for a Solutions Architect (SA) to work closely with our Account Executives (AE) to help define and sell the technical structure and scope of engagements. SAs serve as the very first technical voice to our prospects and must show off our thought leadership and deep technical knowledge in the AWS space. A Solutions Architect is expected to be able to ask the right questions in order to fully understand a client’s pain points and be able to use those to generate and scope out an engagement. The responsibilities and qualifications of a Trek10 SA include but are not limited to:
- Work with Trek10 AEs to sell engagements by aligning multiple technical and non-technical stakeholders in a complex sales environment.
- Become a technical expert on Trek10’s different engagement types and be able to define which engagement type aligns to the prospect’s needs (for example, an SA must be able to speak to both our professional services engagements, as well as the value of our CloudOps 24/7 managed services offering)
- Work closely with and oversee Trek10’s marketing team to support the technical development of marketing content and go to market strategies
- Support the productization of Trek10’s top engagements
- Ability to produce architecture diagrams and cost calculators to win mindshare at AWS and help facilitate a sale.
- Work closely with Trek10’s partners to help facilitate a sale (e.g., AWS, Datadog, and channel partners)
- Work with Trek10 AE’s to build Statements of Work (SOW) by breaking an engagement down into workstreams/tasks and defining assumptions, deliverables, and success criteria
- Lead estimation processes with Trek10 engineers to properly assess the work effort / cost of an engagement
- Support handoff of an engagement to Trek10’s delivery team by:
- Clarifying details of SOW based on information gathered in the pre-sales process
- Introducing Trek10’s delivery team to our clients
- Work with Trek10’s Client Success Team and AE to provide guidance on future SOWs with a client
- Work with all different types of companies and industries -- from the Fortune 500 to fast growing startups
Requirements / Qualifications:
- At least an AWS Associate level certification (Professional and Specialty certs preferred)
- At least 5 years experience working in IT (enterprise systems preferred)
- At least 3 years experience working with AWS
- At least 1 year experience working in sales engineering / technical sales for an AWS technology or consulting partner (not required but strongly preferred)
- Ability to speak confidently with Trek10 prospects and clients across a wide range of AWS services.
- Ability to take very technical concepts, explain them to non-technical business leaders, and help them understand the value of cloud native solutions.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- A continued drive to learn about and get hands on with cutting edge AWS technologies.
- No travel required during COVID 19 pandemic
- Once it has been deemed safe to travel by Trek10’s HR and executive team, occasional travel may be required to meet sales prospects, kick off new projects, attend conferences, and attend all-hands team gatherings in South Bend, IN
- Be challenged. Work with a team of super bright individuals. Work in a rapidly evolving industry that is growing at blazing speed.
- Flexibility. Like to work from home? In your closet? In the shower? If you get the job done go for it.
- Have fun—Trek10 is home to great nerds.
- Get paid. Of course. We have competitive salaries, medical insurance, and other benefits available.
- Robust training and continuous learning environment and support.
- Develop a skill set that will set you up for long-term professional growth and development.