Who We Are
Trek10 builds and manages massively scalable cloud architectures using cutting-edge AWS technologies. Headquartered in South Bend, IN, we have a local footprint but operate with a global reach. Today we have customers on four continents and from coast to coast in the United States and a global brand for deep expertise. We are a Premier Tier AWS Consulting Partner with the following AWS Partner Competencies: DevOps, Migration, IoT, and SaaS. We have a focus on designing and building serverless / cloud-native and IoT systems, DevOps automation, and providing 24/7 AWS infrastructure support. We are pioneering the future of cloud computing and having a lot of fun while we do it!
To better understand the type of cutting-edge work we do for our clients, please take a look at some of our case studies.
Senior Cloud Engineer (Engineer III) - Federal Practice [Remote]
Trek10 is looking for Senior Cloud Engineers to support complex consulting engagements and help build the future for US Federal agencies in AWS. Trek10 delivers a wide range of projects for our clients and the Senior Cloud Engineer plays an integral role in driving the vision of the technical team and ensuring engineers can focus on building solutions during engagements. Our Senior Cloud Engineers are the perfect mix of expert implementers and technical mentors, leading projects while working alongside the teams building the platforms and systems that are relied upon by our clients and Trek10 itself. A successful candidate will be equally as comfortable leading the technical teams at Trek10 as they are diving into the code and delivering features. This is a complex role that will challenge you beyond your technical skills and will require strategy, communication, organization, and leadership.
- Lead client engagements: be Trek10’s face to the world
- Help your team navigate complex bureaucratic relationships to bring all stakeholders together around a common product vision and strategy
- Move easily between big picture thinking and managing relevant detail
- Support and mentor team member growth to reach their potential
- Drive engagement, encourage curiosity, and support personal development
- Encourage everyone to have a voice and invite opinions from all, including quieter members of the team
- Engage with clients including presentations, technical decisions, and education opportunities
- Bring scalable next-generation cloud architecture experience and guidance to Federal clients
- Help clients get work done smarter with automation and code
- Navigate teams through environments adhering to NIST, RMF, or other various compliance frameworks
- Design solutions defining and pushing the boundary of possible in environments like AWS GovCloud IL4/IL5 and USAF CloudOne
- Hands-on involvement in the development of projects. Enforces standards, procedures, and methodologies for the software development life cycle.
- Lead re-platforming and refactoring efforts for existing systems
- Keep an eye out for opportunities to support our clients in even greater ways!
- Contribute to internal IP and open source development
- Write cool blog posts, do talks at community events, help us achieve additional certifications in the AWS Partner Community, help our clients solve all sorts of problems.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent experience) and 6+ years general IT experience (including 4+ years cloud experience)
- Demonstrated leadership experience
- Analytical and process-oriented mindset
- Lifelong learner, with a demonstrated desire for continuous learning and improvement
- Self-motivated, organized, and a strategic thinker
- Significant experience with Amazon Web Services, code-defined infrastructure, configuration management tools, and CI/CD
- Significant programming experience in Python, node.js, Typescript (or other)
- Experience architecting and building scalable, automated infrastructure
- Experience in a consultative, client-facing consulting role
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Superior documentation and presentation skills
- Ability to obtain Secret security clearance
- Experience with newer ATO strategies such as Fast Track or Continuous ATO
- Experience with Cloud Native patterns with services like AWS Lambda
- Experience in large-scale enterprise IT environments
- Experience in a consultative, client-facing consulting role
- Previous or current experience with Federal / Government stakeholders
- No required travel during COVID 19 pandemic
- Once it has been deemed safe to travel by Trek10’s HR and executive team, occasional travel may be required to meet stakeholders, kick off new projects, attend conferences, and attend all-hands team gatherings in South Bend, IN
- Remote friendly culture—Trek10 has been a remote-first workforce since 2015
- Be challenged. Work with a team of super bright individuals. Work in a rapidly evolving industry that is growing at blazing speed.
- Flexibility. Like to work from home? In your closet? In the shower? If you get the job done go for it.
- Have fun—Trek10 is home to great people.
- Get paid. Of course. We have competitive salaries, medical insurance, and other benefits available.
- Robust training and continuous learning environment and support.
- Develop a skill set that will set you up for long-term professional growth and development.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.