Senior Cloud Architect, Developer Acceleration - Position Description
Trek10 is looking for a senior cloud architect to help shape the future of serverless computing through our Developer Acceleration team. This role includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- 50% to 60% time spent developing delivering, and supporting Developer Acceleration engagements for clients: these are typically short onsite visits (less than a week) involving multiple whiteboarding sessions and bespoke architectural guidance while effecting culture change through reinforcement of cloud native best practices
- 20 to 30% time spent expanding Trek10’s reach in the cloud community through targeted efforts in blogging, speaking, thought leadership, etc
- 10 to 20% time spend building, studying, and growing through funded research efforts, open source contributions, etc
- Travel up to 50% within the USA (with bursts up to 75% depending on circumstances)
- Close cooperation with Trek10’s pre-sales and delivery teams to transition Developer Acceleration clients into a long-term relationship with Trek10
- Close cooperation with Trek10’s marketing team to share compelling and valuable content with our clients and prospects
- Learn, coach, and share knowledge and skills with other Trek10 team members
- Identify and take lead on opportunities to improve individually and at the organizational level
The ideal candidate will have:
- 10+ years experience in IT, including expert-level knowledge of the AWS cloud and serverless architectures
- Empathy and understanding of the challenges faced by modern enterprise development teams
- Superior oral and written communication skills
- Experience architecting and building scalable, automated infrastructure
- Significant programming experience in Python or node.js
- Self-motivation and high effectiveness while balancing multiple priorities
- Strongly preferred
- Experience in large-scale enterprise IT environments
- Experience in a consultative, client-facing consulting role
- An established presence in the cloud community through past blogging, speaking, etc
- Be challenged. Work with a team of super bright individuals.
- Work in a rapidly evolving industry that is growing at blazing speed.
- Flexibility. Like to work from home? In your closet? In the shower? If you get the job done go for it.
- Have fun—Trek10 is home to great nerds.
- Competitive salaries, stock options, medical insurance, and other benefits available.
- Robust training and continuous learning environment and support.
- Develop a skill set that will set you up for long term professional growth and development.