Who We Are
Trek10 builds and manages massively scalable cloud architectures using cutting edge AWS technologies. Headquartered in South Bend, IN with a quickly expanding remote practice, we have a local footprint but operate with a global reach. We are a Premier Tier AWS Consulting Partner with the following AWS Partner Competencies: DevOps, Migration, IoT, and SaaS. We have a focus on designing and building serverless / cloud-native and IoT systems, DevOps automation, and providing 24/7 AWS infrastructure support. We are pioneering the future of cloud computing and having a lot of fun while we do it!
Born in the cloud, Trek10 specializes in the design, build and support of cutting edge environments for our clients utilizing AWS Platform Services. Trek10 is a global thought leader on building serverless applications and backend IoT architectures on AWS and provides 24/7 proactive monitoring, automation, and management via Trek10 CloudOps, a technical response team fully staffed by our AWS Certified Engineers.
To better understand the type of cutting edge work we do for our clients, please take a look at some of our case studies.
Product Owner - Federal Practice [Remote]
The Trek10 GovCon Practice is looking to add a Product Owner to their team. This product owner will support the Application Factory team and use agile methods to deliver key technology in direct alignment with the business strategies.
The associate will define and prioritize the product backlog, work with the team to set quality standards for delivery and represent the customer to the agile team. This role operates at the intersection of Business, Customer Driven Design and Technology to deliver products that achieve business and/or technology objectives and improves customer satisfaction. This individual is responsible for articulating and translating the overall strategy and tactics for a specific product(s) into prioritized features and stories. Accountable for outcomes and where applicable, KPI’s tied directly to feature(s) and objectives. This role reports to the GovCon delivery practice lead, but we operate as a team. You will have access to many resources to aid in your success.
- Responsible for articulating and translating the product vision into feature(s) and tactics for products supported. Communicate the product strategy effectively to key stakeholders and team members. Contributes to the creation of a clear channel strategy, product vision, and roadmaps.
- Responsible and accountable for assigned feature level key performance indicators (KPI`s) and manages features or product(s) with a medium/high degree of KPI, scope, complexity, etc.
- Defines minimum viable product (MVP) for products/features in scope. Owns scrum team backlog (grooming, prioritization and refinement). Helps key stakeholders to better understand the product vision.
- Works day to day with the scrum teams clarifying business requirements, removing roadblocks, constantly communicating and gaining alignment around feature or product strategy. Has knowledge of customer-driven design and usability test principles.
- Responsible for a team (4-8) of engineer direct reports and soft-skills coaching (your team will have a tech lead to provide technical mentorship).
- Ensures delivery of scope, partners with delivery teams to ensure user stories are clear, removes barriers for team members and resolves open issues/questions quickly and efficiently. Acts as the ‘voice of the customer’.
- Analyzes feasibility, cost ramifications, economies, or other aspects of planned or potential programs.
- [Internal] Responsible for providing regular briefs to internal leadership on project status including opportunities, challenges.
- [Internal] Participate in customer/ engagement strategy development and execution.
- Sets the quality standard for delivery. Works with the team to develop test plans (user story acceptance criteria), accepts each story and potentially features and participates in team demos and retrospectives to validate quality, provide feedback to team and improve team processes. Partners across functions as needed to coordinate delivery plans, testing, training and support.
- Manages delivery of scope, partners with delivery teams to ensure user stories are clear and resolves open issues/questions quickly and efficiently.
- Communicates the feature or product strategy effectively to key stakeholders and team members. Incorporates stakeholder input into product roadmap while effectively negotiating tradeoffs of conflicting priorities based on value to the business and customer.
- Approves final stories and approves completed user features or series of features.
- [Internal] Attend and contribute to company lunch and learn internal training sessions, our internal Builder Days “hackathons”, practice retrospectives, and other team events.
- Bachelors` degree in relevant field (business, computer science, etc.). Master`s degree preferred.
- Minimum of 7 years` experience in business, engineering, technology and/or consulting.
- Knowledge of Agile development methodologies and IT project management. Able to depict complex ideas, issues and designs to varied audiences; educate SBU/department(s) on business vision and plan and the impact of change.
- Able to make difficult and quick decisions daily.
- Able to influence a diverse group of stakeholders-strong leadership skills.
- Strong problem solver with ability to lead the team to push the solution and progress. Strong experimental mindset to drive innovation amidst uncertainty.
- Experience working with software and infrastructure engineers in a product development team.
- Ability to work with a geographically-distributed team.
- Experience working with SaFe teams and methodology.
- Hands-on programming or technical depth in any related area is useful, though solely for establishing credibility with the team - this is not a hands-on programming role.
- Knowledge of DoD, Branch, or Agency cyber operations.
- Working knowledge of DoD policies, regulations, procedures, and processes.
- Ability to acquire an ECA certificate within 30 days of start (requires minimal background screening and fingerprinting).
- Relevant certifications, PMP, Agile, SixSigma, Lean, Kanban, etc.
- Experience working in environments subject to NIST or FIPS type rulesets.
- Be challenged. Work with a team of super bright individuals. Work in a rapidly evolving industry that is growing at blazing speed.
- Flexibility. Like to work from home? In your closet? In the shower? If you get the job done go for it.
- Have fun—Trek10 is home to great nerds.
- Get paid. Of course. We have competitive salaries, medical insurance, and other benefits available.
- Robust training and continuous learning environment and support.
- Develop a skill set that will set you up for long-term professional growth and development.