Who We Are
Trek10 builds and manages massively scalable cloud architectures using cutting edge AWS technologies. Headquartered in South Bend, IN, we have a local footprint but operate with a global reach. Today we have customers on four continents and from coast to coast in the United States and a global brand for deep expertise. We are a Premier Tier AWS Consulting Partner with the following AWS Partner Competencies: DevOps, Migration, IoT, and SaaS. We have a focus on designing and building serverless / cloud native and IoT systems, DevOps automation, and providing 24/7 AWS infrastructure support. We are pioneering the future of cloud computing and having a lot of fun while we do it!
To better understand the type of cutting edge work we do for our clients, please take a look at some of our case studies.
IT Operations Manager (Remote)
Trek10 is looking for a motivated and inquisitive IT Operations Manager to own the daily operation of an IT function inside Trek10. Individuals must be self-motivated and demonstrate the ability to work across cross functional teams and demonstrate leadership and organizational capabilities. Applicants must have a foundational appreciation for good documentation and furthering on-hand documentation for others.
As the IT Operations Manager for Trek10, you will oversee and plan large scale projects and direct IT initiatives as well as work with a team to implement those initiatives. You will also work closely with Trek10’s Managed Service Provider team to align processes and skills and look for synergies in these closely related operational areas.
- Establish and refine procedures for employees to request support from IT
- Keep track of help desk traffic and ensure timely and quality support for employees
- Get hands on in delivering IT support while also training support engineers and ensuring their quality
- Manage laptop (and other) hardware acquisition, distribution, support as well as endpoint management software.
- Manage the IT onboarding and offboarding of employees including training on policies and support procedures, hardware setup, and account provisioning
- Work with the Security team to implement and track the systems and policies that they approve and put in place.
- Propose projects with justifications to the CTO for improving infrastructure or adding services
- Constantly update and improve onboarding and help documentation as well as IT administration documentation.
- Continuously drive cost reduction opportunities on IT systems
- Own the setup and management of office IT equipment including printers and WiFi.
- Own administration and user provisioning of key SaaS services including GSuite and Slack
- For other SaaS services, work closely with Accounting to manage ownership across the business
- Updating and implementing IT policies
Desired Skills / Requirements:
- 5+ years of IT experience
- 2 years in management / help desk leadership preferred
- 2+ years of GSuite management experience preferred
- Some cloud experience preferred (AWS)
- Experience with DevOps automation and scripting preferred
- Experience working in an IT managed service provider preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and follow through on tasks
- Team player that has a service mentality and thrives in fast paced environments
- Experience within a rapidly changing and growing environment
- Be challenged. Work with a team of super bright individuals. Work in a rapidly evolving industry that is growing at blazing speed.
- Flexibility. Like to work from home? In your closet? In the shower? If you get the job done go for it.
- Have fun—Trek10 is home to great nerds.
- Get paid. Of course. We have competitive salaries, medical insurance, and other benefits available.
- Robust training and continuous learning environment and support.
- Develop a skill set that will set you up for long-term professional growth and development.