Who We Are
Trek10 builds and manages massively scalable cloud architectures using cutting-edge AWS technologies. Headquartered in South Bend, IN, we have a local footprint but operate with a global reach. Today we have customers on four continents and from coast to coast in the United States and a global brand for deep expertise. We are a Premier Tier AWS Consulting Partner with the following AWS Partner Competencies: DevOps, Migration, IoT, and SaaS. We have a focus on designing and building serverless / cloud native and IoT systems, DevOps automation, and providing 24/7 AWS infrastructure support. We are pioneering the future of cloud computing and having a lot of fun while we do it!
To better understand the type of cutting-edge work we do for our clients, please take a look at some of our case studies.
Enterprise Architect (Remote)
Enterprise Architects perform a critical function connecting the business and the technical, generating solutions which cross the boundaries of both. This creates a significant advantage for our clients, as the Enterprise Architect can engage to help more accurately define projects, scopes and success criteria. These then lead to more reliable results of a company’s investments in technology. They also support the stakeholder, giving them the material to shine, efficiently communicate, gain buy-in from other departments and leadership.
In this role, you will communicate to a wide variety of audiences, including executives, directors, product managers and all functions in execution teams. By tailoring topics, communication patterns and scope you will gain trust and influence a variety of decision makers, being part of the critical conversations that drive business success. This communication will take the forms of presentations, documentation, task definition, diagrams, and various other forms.
You will also play a critical role in execution. In your work you will create cross team and department alignment to business objectives, and reduce efforts to accomplish goals which impact the businesses revenue potential or bottom line costs. You will be responsible to both clearly communicate the technology landscape and objectives to multiple execution teams to create alignment and understanding. As business objectives change, you will understand them and work through how that will affect the execution teams.
The Enterprise Architect is also responsible for developing a relationship with the customer in partnership with the sales team. The Enterprise Architect is a confidant to the client, brainstorming and partnering with them to identify how to gain business value. They work with the Account Executive and Pre-Sales Architects to highlight areas which Trek10 can support the customer’s objectives, and support acceleration of the customer through opportunistic funding.
- Hands on support of engineers, architects in order to build and deliver solutions to customers. This includes implementing infrastructure as code, building software components, and working with others to deliver results to customers
- Work with Sales to establish prospective client relationships. This includes travel and in-person meetings to build relationships and trust.
- Provide leadership across the enterprise engagement, taking part in project architecture, scoping, execution
- Understand customer business models and help define value propositions for technology objectives
- Leverage enterprise architecture methodologies and frameworks to define the current and target architecture technology landscapes
- Advise delivery on customer project expectations and skill sets needed to set the project up for success
- Evangelize and educate on new technologies leveraging peer influencer and leadership skill sets
- Mentor Trek10 and Client employees who are highly technical to improve their understanding of AWS technology, solution decision making and its application to enterprise scale organizations
- Contributing to the Trek10 Architecture Repositories
- Writing blog articles on Enterprise Architecture and Serverless technologies
- Bachelor's Degree or 5+ of experience in the IT field
- 5+ years in cloud architecture and traditional software architecture approaches
- 2+ years working in AWS with Infrastructure as Code
- Familiarity with enterprise architecture approaches and frameworks
- 2+ years working with directors and executives
- 2+ years working with multiple domains inside of a business including: application, infrastructure, data warehouse, business analysis and systems integrations
- 2+ years building technology business value proposals and getting cross organizational buy-in and adoption
- 2+ years of mentor technical individuals in new technology concepts
- 1+ years working with complex organizational politics and breaking through barriers
- A basic understanding of business models and how to apply a value proposition to
- Ability to work with and mentor other leaders, inspiring a collaborative work environment
- Ability to executive presentations and clearly define value propositions in compelling ways
- Ability to communicate technical and business details to all levels and roles in an organization effectively.
- Ability to gain trust quickly and sustain it with a variety of disciplines
- Ability to turn ambiguous objectives into clearly defined objectives which engage and support execution
- 10+ years programming experience
- Ability to put together a business plan
- Knowledge of business terminology including cost center, profit center, bottom line and top line definitions
- Experience with Lean Canvas Business Models
- Experience in organizations where IT is a cost center
- Experience working with corporate boards and advisory boards
- Experience with TOGAF
- Be challenged. Work with a team of super bright individuals. Work in a rapidly evolving industry that is growing at blazing speed.
- Flexibility. Like to work from home? In your closet? If you get the job done go for it.
- Have fun—Trek10 is home to great people.
- Get paid. Of course. We have competitive salaries, medical insurance, and other benefits available.
- Robust training and continuous learning environment and support.
- Develop a skill set that will set you up for long-term professional growth and development.