Who We Are
Trek10 builds and manages massively scalable cloud architectures using cutting-edge AWS technologies. Headquartered in South Bend, IN, we have a local footprint but operate with a global reach. Today we have customers on four continents and from coast to coast in the United States and a global brand for deep expertise. We are a Premier Tier AWS Consulting Partner with the following AWS Partner Competencies: DevOps, Migration, IoT, and SaaS. We have a focus on designing and building serverless / cloud-native and IoT systems, DevOps automation, and providing 24/7 AWS infrastructure support. We are pioneering the future of cloud computing and having a lot of fun while we do it!
To better understand the type of cutting-edge work we do for our clients, please take a look at some of our case studies.
Cloud Engineer (Engineer I/II) - Federal Practice [Remote]
Trek10 is looking for Cloud / DevSecOps Engineers to help build the future for US Federal agencies in AWS. This is a hands-on developer role where you will work on a diverse set of problem areas and develop solutions encompassing the full AWS journey. Trek10 Cloud Engineers are the expert implementers in our organization, building the platforms and systems that are relied upon by our clients and Trek10 itself. This is a complex role that will challenge you as well as enable you to grow and develop both your technical and non-technical skills. Joining Trek10 as a Cloud Engineer provides you the opportunity to work with a diverse team of Trek10 Architects and Engineers that are building the future in the cloud.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Own the implementation of well-defined stories and other engineering for some of the most advanced cloud work within the US Government
- Learn and share knowledge and skills with other Trek10 team members
- Coach and peer with engineers from both Trek10 and client teams
- Daily efforts while focused on new and existing software workloads also include opportunities to build on Cloud Native patterns, IoT back-ends, Serverless architectures, and highly automated work patterns and delivery methods
- Participate in delivery efforts using Agile or other work methodologies
- Participate in cross-functional implementation teams to deliver world-class solutions to clients
- Contribute to internal IP and open source development
Professional growth and development opportunities also include:
- Opportunities to assist with design, estimation, and planning efforts
- Grow and increase technical skills in the following areas: AWS, Programming, Infrastructure, and Operations
- Introduction to and participation in customer-facing conversations where you can learn to present or debate technical decisions while educating our customers
- Identify and take lead on opportunities to improve individually and at the organizational level
- Write cool blog posts, do talks at community events, help us achieve additional certifications in the AWS Partner Community, help our clients solve all sorts of problems.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent experience) and 2-4 years general IT experience (including 2+ years cloud experience for Cloud Engineer II position)
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Experience building scalable, automated infrastructure
- Experience/familiarity with Amazon Web Services, code-defined infrastructure, configuration management tools, and CI/CD
- Programming experience, our languages of choice are Python, Node.js, Typescript and we have growing needs in GoLang, Java, and C#
- Able to obtain a Secret security clearance
- Experience with Cloud Native patterns with services like AWS Lambda
- Experience in large-scale enterprise IT environments
- Experience in a consultative, client-facing consulting role
- Previous or current experience with Federal / Government stakeholders
- No required travel during COVID 19 pandemic
- Once it has been deemed safe to travel by Trek10’s HR and executive team, occasional travel may be required to meet stakeholders, kick off new projects, attend conferences, and attend all-hands team gatherings in South Bend, IN
- Remote friendly culture—Trek10 has been a remote-first workforce since 2015
- Be challenged. Work with a team of super bright individuals. Work in a rapidly evolving industry that is growing at blazing speed.
- Flexibility. Like to work from home? In your closet? In the shower? If you get the job done go for it.
- Have fun—Trek10 is home to great people.
- Get paid. Of course. We have competitive salaries, medical insurance, 401(k) with company match, and other benefits available.
- Robust training and continuous learning environment and support.
- Develop a skill set that will set you up for long-term professional growth and development.