Who We Are
Trek10 builds and manages massively scalable cloud architectures using cutting-edge AWS technologies. Headquartered in South Bend, IN, we have a local footprint but operate with a global reach. Today we have customers on four continents and from coast to coast in the United States and a global brand for deep expertise. We are a Premier Tier AWS Consulting Partner with the following AWS Partner Competencies: DevOps, Migration, IoT, and SaaS. We have a focus on designing and building serverless / cloud native and IoT systems, DevOps automation, and providing 24/7 AWS infrastructure support. We are pioneering the future of cloud computing and having a lot of fun while we do it!
To better understand the type of cutting-edge work we do for our clients, please take a look at some of our case studies.
Cloud Cybersecurity Engineer I/II - Federal Practice [Remote]
Trek10 is looking for Cybersecurity Engineers who are interested in working in a fast-paced environment providing both cybersecurity support and engineering for application teams and platform teams leveraging cloud native and containerized DevSecOps patterns. The application teams aim to design and build scalable, highly available and fundamentally secure systems on AWS. Our platform teams focus on building automation, guardrails, and sustainable patterns to support others to deliver more and faster. At Trek10, engineers are the expert implementers in the organization, building the platforms and systems that are relied upon by our clients and Trek10 itself. This is a complex role that will enable as well as challenge you to grow your skills, both technical and non-technical. Joining this role provides you the opportunity to work with a diverse team of Trek10 architects and engineers that are building the future. This role includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Review or conduct regular security and vulnerability assessments leveraging automated and non-automated methods on cloud-based and mobile workloads.
- Periodically monitor/audit implementations and ensure they are functioning properly.
- Ensure platform and networks are compliant with DoD policies
- Develop and tune automated tests and rules
- Monitor alerts and alarms for deviations from security standards, particularly using AWS tools such as Inspector, CloudTrail, CloudWatch, GuardDuty, Lambda, and Security Hub.
- Identify, engineer, and build new and existing security tooling, including cloud-native services
- Support development and implementation of innovative methods to achieve compliance with government and commercial cybersecurity frameworks.
- Provide technical and non-technical security engineering assistance in support of maintaining existing ATO, Continuous Authorization, and in obtaining app-specific ATOs where necessary.
- Advise project teams on current and projected technical security risks, and recommend mitigation strategies to control risk.
- Assist development teams in defining and updating application threat models and in interpreting security policies, standards, and control requirements.
- Design vulnerability scans of cloud-based and mobile applications and infrastructure to identify weaknesses, coordinate with app teams to confirm validity of findings, and recommend and assist with mitigations as needed.
- Work with the security governance team to develop and interpret security standards, and build automated and self-service capabilities that validate application security and compliance status against these standards
- Research and identify best practices to harden and secure cloud workloads including cloud native, containers, and Kubernetes clusters at scale
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
The ideal Engineer I candidate will have:
- Bachelor's Degree or 2 years experience in IT / cybersecurity
- Security+ and CEH or CISM equivalent certifications
- Experience using a modern programming language such as Python, Node.js, Typescript, GoLang, Java, C#, Rust, etc
- AWS security tooling for scanning, monitoring and alerting tools (Inspector, CloudTrail, CloudWatch, GuardDuty, Lambda, Security Hub)
- You are comfortable working independently as well as in a collaborative team environment as situation demands
- A working understanding of operational best practices for security in the cloud
- Working knowledge of network and web-related protocols (e.g., TCP/IP, UDP, IPSEC, SSL, HTTP, HTTPS, routing protocols)
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- AWS Cloud Practitioner Certification
- Previous or current experience with Federal / Government stakeholders
- Active Secret security clearance
Additionally the ideal Engineer II candidate will have:
- Bachelor's Degree or 4 years experience in IT / cybersecurity
- 2+ years experience in AWS or public cloud environments
- Experience with scripting languages and tools (bash, powershell, etc)
- Experience working with software and app teams throughout the full Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
- Demonstrated experience with code-defined infrastructure, configuration management tools, and CI/CD
- Familiarization with containerization patterns with services like ECS, EKS, Fargate, Kubernetes, etc.
- AWS Associate Level Certification
- Experience with Cloud Native patterns with services like AWS Lambda
- Experience in large-scale enterprise IT environments
- Experience in a consultative, client-facing consulting role
- Be challenged. Work with a team of super bright individuals. Work in a rapidly evolving industry that is growing at blazing speed.
- Flexibility. Like to work from home? In your closet? In the shower? If you get the job done go for it.
- Have fun—Trek10 is home to great people.
- Get paid. Of course. We have competitive salaries, medical insurance, and other benefits available.
- Robust training and continuous learning environment and support.
- Develop a skill set that will set you up for long-term professional growth and development.