Cloud Architect - Position Description
Trek10 is looking for an architect to design and build massively scalable systems with remarkably high reliability and low cost on AWS for our clients. Our Cloud Architects are the pioneers and trailblazers in our organization, creating the way forward for our clients and Trek10. This is a complex role that will challenge you beyond technical skills including, among others, strategy, communication, organization, and leadership opportunities. This role includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Lead client engagements: be Trek10’s face to the world
- Be a thought leader in scalable next-generation cloud architectures
- Design, plan, and build greenfield systems on AWS as well as migrations of existing environments
- Focus on AWS IOT back-ends, Serverless architectures, and highly automated implementation and optimization
- Lead cross-functional implementation teams to deliver world-class solutions to clients
- Learn, coach, and share knowledge and skills with other Trek10 team members
- Augment and design support systems and response procedures and coordinate hand-off to CloudOps Support Engineers
- Identify and take lead on opportunities to improve individually and at the organizational level
- Contribute to internal IP and open source development
- Everything else: Write cool blog posts, do talks at community events, help us achieve additional certifications in the AWS Partner Community, help our clients solve all sorts of problems.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 10+ years experience in IT
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Experience architecting and building scalable, automated infrastructure
- Experience with Amazon Web Services, code-defined infrastructure, configuration management tools, and CI/CD
- Significant programming experience in Python or node.js
- Strongly preferred
- Experience with AWS Lambda and “Serverless” systems
- Experience in large-scale enterprise IT environments
- Experience in a consultative, client-facing consulting role
- Be challenged. Work with a team of super bright individuals. Work in an rapidly evolving industry that is growing at blazing speed.
- Flexibility. Like to work from home? In your closet? In the shower? If you get the job done go for it.
- Have fun—Trek10 is home to great nerds.
- Get paid. Of course. We have competitive salaries, stock options, medical insurance, and other benefits available.
- Robust training and continuous learning environment and support.
- Develop a skill set that will set you up for long term professional growth and development.