Who We Are
Trek10 builds and manages massively scalable cloud architectures using cutting-edge AWS technologies. Headquartered in South Bend, IN, we have a local footprint but operate with a global reach. Today we have customers on four continents and from coast to coast in the United States and a global brand for deep expertise. We are a Premier Tier AWS Consulting Partner with the following AWS Partner Competencies: DevOps, Migration, IoT, and SaaS. We have a focus on designing and building serverless / cloud-native and IoT systems, DevOps automation, and providing 24/7 AWS infrastructure support. We are pioneering the future of cloud computing and having a lot of fun while we do it!
To better understand the type of cutting-edge work we do for our clients, please take a look at some of our case studies.
Cloud Architect (Architect I/II) - Federal Practice [Remote]
Trek10 is looking for Cloud Architects to design and build massively scalable systems with high reliability and low cost for US Federal Agencies on AWS. Our Cloud Architects are the pioneers and trailblazers in our organization, creating the way forward for our clients and Trek10. A successful candidate will be equally comfortable designing and building well-architected solutions as collaborating with our Product Owners and stakeholders to perform discovery, share ideas, and reach solution consensus. This is a complex role that will challenge you as well as enable you to grow and develop on many fronts. Joining Trek10 as a Cloud Architect provides you the opportunity to work with a diverse team of Trek10 Architects and Engineers that are building the future in the cloud.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Participate, present, and lead as a technical leader
- Learn, research, and stay up to date on best practices and evolutionary capability in the AWS cloud
- Be a technical team advocate, ensuring clear direction and efficient execution
- Engage with clients including presentations, technical decisions, and education opportunities
- Bring scalable next-generation cloud architecture experience and guidance to Federal clients
- Help clients get work done smarter with automation and code
- Perform code reviews, provide feedback, and pair when beneficial
- Prepare work for team members of varying levels of experience, defining stories and task type work
- Learn, coach, and share knowledge and skills with other Trek10 team members
- Lead re-platforming and refactoring efforts for existing systems
- Keep an eye out for opportunities to support our clients in even greater ways!
- Contribute to internal IP and open source development
Professional growth and development opportunities also include:
- Help your team navigate complex bureaucratic relationships to bring all stakeholders together around a common product vision and strategy
- Lead cross-functional implementation teams to deliver world-class solutions to clients
- Design solutions defining and pushing the boundary of possible in environments like AWS GovCloud IL4/IL5 and USAF CloudOne
- Navigate teams through environments adhering to NIST, RMF, or other various compliance frameworks
- Write cool blog posts, do talks at community events, help us achieve additional certifications in the AWS Partner Community, help our clients solve all sorts of problems
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent experience) and 6+ years general IT experience (including 3+ years cloud experience for Architect I and 6+ years cloud experience for Architect II)
- Analytical and process-oriented mindset
- Lifelong learner, with a demonstrated desire for continuous learning and improvement
- Self-motivated, organized, and a strategic thinker
- Significant experience with Amazon Web Services, code-defined infrastructure, configuration management tools, and CI/CD
- Significant programming experience in Python, node.js, Typescript (or other)
- Experience architecting and building scalable, automated infrastructure
- Experience in a consultative, client-facing consulting role
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Superior documentation and presentation skills
- Ability to obtain Secret security clearance
- Experience with newer ATO strategies such as Fast Track or Continuous ATO
- Experience with Cloud Native patterns with services like AWS Lambda
- Experience in large-scale enterprise IT environments
- Experience in a consultative, client-facing consulting role
- Previous or current experience with Federal / Government stakeholders
- No required travel during COVID 19 pandemic
- Once it has been deemed safe to travel by Trek10’s HR and executive team, occasional travel may be required to meet stakeholders, kick off new projects, attend conferences, and attend all-hands team gatherings in South Bend, IN
- Remote friendly culture—Trek10 has been a remote-first workforce since 2015
- Be challenged. Work with a team of super bright individuals. Work in a rapidly evolving industry that is growing at blazing speed.
- Flexibility. Like to work from home? In your closet? In the shower? If you get the job done go for it.
- Have fun—Trek10 is home to great people.
- Get paid. Of course. We have competitive salaries, medical insurance, and other benefits available.
- Robust training and continuous learning environment and support.
- Develop a skill set that will set you up for long-term professional growth and development.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.